2.03.2012

Cleaned the paint right off!

I have had my washer for six years, all six of those years I used one detergent, because you don't mess with a good thing.

Or so I thought.

I was doing some light cleaning in the laundry room and wiped down the front of my washer. I knew the soap was dripping, I normally kept it clean but the last week I didn't get to it, busy happens.  So I was quite shocked to find under a thin layer of detergent build up...


The paint on the front of my washer is peeled off. Gone. Because the detergent was on it.

I am shocked at the damage laundry detergent can do to a hard painted metal surface.  Imagine what it is doing to our clothing... and our skin!  All Free & Clear, one of the most recommended detergents for sensitive skin, managed to peel paint?  I need to explore options for milder more natural laundry soap that won't cost a fortune, we do two or three loads of laundry a day and I can't afford to pay double for a natural detergent.

What laundry detergent do you use?  Where do you buy it?  What do you recommend trying?

I want to continue to do this with no worries...

No comments:

Post a Comment