2.06.2012

Cloth 101 @ Snooty Booty Diapers

Back on my favorite subject. Cloth diapers.

I have been using cloth diapers here and there since November. I started with some Gerber prefolds and vinyl pants, then moved on to some gDiapers with cloth inserts.  We ventured to PUL covers and inserts by the end of December.  Then I started my New Years resolution, Going green.  I know it's lame, "I'm going green this year" is the new "I'm going to get in shape this year" resolution.  I don't care because I am actually doing it.  The month of January was focused on cloth diapers because that seemed to be the best place to start.  I can't believe it took me until February to find and attend a cloth diaper class. 

I have been just winging it this far, I picked up some pocket diapers on diaper swappers. Since I loved them I placed a small order for three different pocket diapers online.  I was happy with my order but I really wished I could go to a store, I wanted to see the options in person, so I started searching locally.  I found Snooty Booty Diapers.  Snooty Booty is an online store, but the owner, Michelle, does offer local pick up, shopping by appointment and cloth diapering classes. Score!

Saturday morning I packed up Dominic and headed over to Allenhurst. Michelle's class was very informative and didn't pressure me to buy anything.  She showed the different types of diapers and went over the positives and negatives of each and how to stuff and adjust for a good fit.  I liked seeing the diapers and feeling the materials.  She also explained the differences between different prefolds and explained why the gerber prefolds just don't work (polyfill!?). We spent some time troubleshooting Dominic's fit problems (round belly, narrow thighs) and she helped me determine the best diapers to try on him. I loved the class! Now I have some direction and new fluff to try.

I highly recommend Snooty Booty Diapers, she carries all the popular brands and some awesome diaper packages.  If you are local give Michelle a call, because shopping privately in a little boutique environment is a new kind of fun, and the cute printed paper bag, perfect touch. Even if you are not local, she offers Free Shipping on orders over $75 and $2.95 flat rate shipping on other orders. I can't wait to order new fluff from her, especially this summer, partly because her shop is so close to the beach!

And look what I picked up to try,  Thirsties Duo Wrap in the super cute Hoot print and Knickernappies Nursing Pads.  Woot! I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment